Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sweet Shot Tuesday: Sun Flares

Last Wednesday for Patty's Photo a la {M}ode I posted some shots of some sun flares I had captured after following the steps Patty gave me on her blog to achieve this little fun trick in photography. In her tutorial, she suggested partially blocking the sun with something, a tree, a building, even your hand to get the maximum sun flare effect. So on Sunday, while we were out on the patio at Nama eating sushi, I practiced taking photos of more sun flares, this time using my hand as the blocker. If I had known they would turn out so sparkley, I would have positioned my hand better so it would look like my engagement ring was making that flare! In some of the shots below, you will see more prism effect because of my ring. If you are interested in learning how to take shots of sun flare, go on over to Finding Serendipity. And get some shots ready to share with Patty over there too. Sharing today with amazing Darcy for Sweet Shot Tuesday.



Sweet Shot Day

6 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

Sun flare is so much fun, huh!? LOVE these.

Ocean Soul said...

Okay, that is fun! I love how you got the different flares happening!

Mommy Reg said...

I love sunflairs. They are so much fun.

patty said...

amy! thanks for directing people to our photo a la mode!! :)
these photos are fabulous! {i can't stop thinking about flares myself!} and i've cheated and read ahead, but i'll go comment there! :))

Sarah Harper said...

Love it! And love that you were photographing the sun while eating at Nama :)

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Very pretty!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...