Thursday, April 28, 2011

Storm

When I snapped this photo, I never knew a few days later my house and neighborhood would look like a bomb went off. 
Last night's storms were some of the worst storms I have ever witnessed.

The golf ball and softball sized hail and torrential downpours and rain were unbelievable.
I feel so badly for those who have lost more than just a few broken windows and trees down.
In our neighborhood, we had many trees down pulled up by the roots.One home that I know of had a tree fall right through their house, but they were unhurt. There is widespread loss all over. I especially pray for all of the families who have lost family, friends and homes due to this horrendous weather pattern that swept through the Southeast.
One remaining pane of glass.
Debris.
A lot of of hail damage.
More debris.
Skies the morning after. We really are fortunate that we suffered no major damage to our house and that we are all safe. Please pray for those who have lost everything.

5 comments:

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Oh my goodness that is terrible, but could have been worse like you say in other notes. I know that was a scarie occasion for you all. Take care and I am so glad you all are safe and well.
Love,
Aunt Brenda

Sarah said...

Glad you all are okay.

Nancy said...

Amy, y'all have a lot of cleanup to do, but thank goodness you didn't lose more windows. With hail the size of that, you could have lost all of your windows in your family room and had VERY severe damage done. I imagine there were a lot of cars that were also damaged. These storms are very distructive to property and lives, and it is so important to seek shelter when they approach. I know you all were very tramatized. I don't think I've ever seen hail that big!!!

patty said...

can't believe the size of that hail... impressive images. glad you and your family and your home are all safe.
xo

Elizabeth Ann said...

That hail does look bad. Glad you are all safe.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...