Saturday, April 30, 2011

Fleur-de-Lis

As April prepares to close down shop for the year, I wanted to share these photos of the beautiful iris that are in full bloom right now.
The iris is the official state flower of Tennessee and comes in a beautiful array of colors. I just love the beautiful purpley soft blue of these irises. They are also the inspiration for the  french fleur-de-lis.

 My friends Patty and Sarah also captured some very beautiful images of the iris this week. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I didn't realize the iris' were in bloom now. I need to go to the Botanical Garden and check them out before they are gone. Your pictures are so beautiful. Did you notice the fleur-de-lis' behind the alter at the wedding yesterday in Westminster Abbey?

Sarah Harper said...

These are BEAUTIFUL pictures, Amy! Are these in your yard??

patty said...

pretty, amy... you iris' are so much more spring-y than mine! that was found roadside... growing wild!

thanks for the link!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...