Thursday, April 21, 2011

Last Stop: The Flying Biscuit and Trader Joe's

It's Thursday, but boy am I still thinking about those grits and biscuits at Atlanta's The Flying Biscuit.       Howie suggested we all go to the Midtown Flying Biscuit, but after arriving and finding we would have to wait over an hour to be seated, we decided to make our way over to The Flying Biscuit in Buckhead where the wait was only 20 minutes, definitely much more doable with four hungry children and four hungry adults!
We took a few photos while we we waited, of course!


It was finally our turn and we were seated.


I ordered the French Toast only because Howie promised to give me his biscuit and grits.

These grits and biscuits were the BEST I ever put in my mouth, really! I mean the grits were so creamy, I was in heaven.
And that biscuit with raspberry preserves, YUMMO! I realized real fast that I had been longing for a place like this to eat. There's just nothing like it in Knoxville. Seriously, I am considering opening a Flying Biscuit in Knoxville because it would make me an instant millionaire.
After breakfast, we headed over to Trader Joe's. Yes, it's a grocery store, but not just any old grocery store. This is the home of "Two Buck Chuck" which I woefully couldn't buy because it was Sunday.
I did happen to buy some wonderful coffee and blackberry and strawberry preserves as well as some banana bread mix and Easter candy.
I thank Miss Paige for turning me on to Trader Joe's. It was well worth the visit! After getting my little food stash, we were all headed back to Knoxville. We're looking forward to another visit to Atlanta in the near future. Maybe next time I will get to me my blogger buddy Paige in person.

3 comments:

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Awesome. I loved living in Atlanta during my 10 years there. There are so many unsual things to do there, it was like being on vacation everyday that I was there. I love all your pictures, what an awesome get away for you, your family and friends.

If you open a Flying Biscut, I will be your worker there for sure, you could call it Grandmaw's Flying Biscut. That looks awesome.
Love,
Aunt Brenda

Nancy said...

Pictures all look great. Glad you all had a wonderful time! Can't wait to try some of that Trader Joe stuff!! Hope you got some of that coffee!!!!

paige said...

their grits are heavenly indeed!!!
i love the french toast, with that glaze...oh my.
but i often times go for the hollywood omelet. yumm!!
glad ya'll had a great visit
xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...