Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sushi!

Those of you who are "You've Got Mail" fans will know exactly what I mean when I say that the only time I like to hear the word "Sushi" is when Kathleen Kelly says it in the actual movie "You've Got Mail" with a sort of enthusiasm that would make even the Sushi Loaver (Me) think, "Well, that sounds good!" But when Howie says, "Sushi!" in response to, "What would you like for dinner?" I'm not as enthusiastic. Tonight, we are all venturing out to Nama, our local sushi restaurant to dine on the food Howie could eat 24/7. 
 I will stomach a vegetarian Mediterranean roll above, but the raw yellow tale, and snapper, and tuna can all stay neatly rolled up on Howie's plate thank you!
 The only way I actually do get through a meal of sushi is to order this little delectable number below.
Chocolate truffles in raspberry sauce. YUMMY! Then the night is not a total loss as far as food goes and we all can leave very happy from said local sushi restaurant. Oh and Emma-Caroline and Sophie BOTH like sushi, so I am outnumbered in my protests not to go. Bon Appetite!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Sushi is not my thing either, but Howie did give me a bite of raw crab one time, and it was pretty good. I think I'll just stick with that truffle one in your last picture, though. Well, as long as that's not raw fish on the side!

KimberFNP said...

I could eat sushi every day! Not so much the raw stuff (aka sushimi), but I do love me some California roll and, well, yeah, a lot of it. Great pics!

Brenda Ledbetter said...

I don't like sushi either, but Bryce really does. I am amazed at the many very young adult people who like it now days. Guess it is the food of the generation. It looks pretty though but not my food of choice. I will stick with turnip greens, black-eyed peas, sweet patatoes, cornbread and a lot of other good southern style food. Yum, Yum!!!!

Love you all,
Aunt Brenda - Memphis, TN

patty said...

we love sushi AND nama's! one of our favorite places to eat at in knox. but, um, i stick to the vegetarian stuff, too, USUALLY... every now and then, I'll go out on a limb! :)

Elizabeth Ann said...

I don't like sushi either. I will only eat one that is seaweed, rice and cucumber. What is in the one you will eat?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...