Monday, April 18, 2011

Baseball

On Saturday after going to the amazing Georgia Aquarium, we all headed to Turner Field to watch one game of a double header Mets vs Braves game.
 Y'all know Howie is a HUGE Mets fan, so he really showed his love for his children and friends when he took us to dine at the 755 club and then "allowed" us to buy Braves ware in the clubhouse gift shop.
 Howie sported his last season Shea Stadium shirt so he was at least representing his team.
Poor Mets. They certainly didn't represent themselves very well, losing two games to the Braves back to back. Despite the loss, I think Howie, and I know the rest of us, had a fabulous time.
I even allowed myself to cheer wildly for Chipper Jones' multiple home runs since I was wearing a Braves windbreaker. Well, I am a Georgia born girl so I should be allowed to root for the team in the state of my birth, right?The kiddos had a great time cheering any team on!


 Popcorn is always a must of course at any baseball game and we had plenty of it.

Emma-Caroline was fiercely loyal to her Daddy and only sported a pink Atlanta Braves ball cap because we told her the "A" could stand for "Avery". Whatever works.
We did have a fantastic time and will look forward to going to another baseball game in the very near future.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

These will be wonderful memories for you all. My "Daddy" was a fierce St. Louis Cardinal fan and we all grew up loving baseball. There's just something about the sound of a baseball stadium (the roar of the croud, the crack when the ball hits the bat, the music and the announcer) that makes you feel safe, secure and "all American".

Lana Kim White Austin said...

Hello Dear! I've enjoyed catching back up with your blog and your recent posts! Wonderful pics, by the way!!!!
I LOVE the Atlanta Aquarium!!! And coincidentally, we're going to the Napoli Aquarium TOMORROW!!!! :)

My middle child, Kate-Elizabeth, LOVED seeing pics of your beautiful girls, especially at the American Girl Cafe in Atlanta! She made me promise to take her when we get back to the states in the fall! We love, love, love American Girl!

I pray that you have a blessed Easter and please take lots of pics because I know your daughters will be so adorable in their dresses/hairbows, etc.

MANY blessings to you,
L

PS If you'd like a postcard from Italy, please send me your snail mail address. i promise I'm not a stalker!!! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...