Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Gift

Today, I hopped in my car, picked up my cell phone and saw I had missed a call from my friend Rachel. Before checking my voicemail, I called her back. She wanted to tell me about the nest a little female Robin had built in the wreath on her front door in case I wanted to take photos of it. In an instant I was delighted and thankful to Rachel for calling me to come and take photos of this beautiful treasure in nature.    When I arrived, Momma Robin flew off to a safe branch where she could keep an eye on her eggs. I borrowed a stool from Rachel and began my quest to take the perfect shot of these three beautiful and delicate eggs. It was harder than I thought to get an awesome photo, but the ones I did get turned out just fine.
It was a treat just to view these precious eggs up close and it made me think of the mystery we are getting ready to celebrate in the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.
It is no wonder that the egg is a symbol of Easter with life concealed in a fragile shell. As theses sweet birds continue to develop in their beautiful blue shell, they will soon break free and breathe life
 just as Jesus broke free from the bonds of death to breathe love into each of us and give us everlasting Life.
I thank Rachel for the gift of friendship in knowing that I would love to take photographs of these beautiful eggs, and in also indirectly reminding me of the gift we all have been given in the Resurrection of Christ.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

That is a beautiful story with beautiful pictures! It was very nice of Rachel and Mrs. Robin to invite you to take pictures and then for you to share it with all of us. I have always favored the Robin because of their gentle nature, and Robin's egg blue has always been my favorite color.

So beautiful!!

Polly said...

what a fabulous friend to know you so well. we missed you last week and look forward to seeing you soon!
Blessings,

Brenda Ledbetter said...

That is so pretty. I love that the Robin made a nest on a wreath on the front door of your friends home, that is very special. I am so awe stricken at the photos, so nice of your friend to think of you and to know you would love to capture this in pictures. Awesome and Beautiful.

Love,

Aunt Brenda - Memphis, TN

P. S. I had a bird to make a nest on a wreath I had on the front door of my home in Cordova. I didn't know it until I took the wreath down when I moved. I was shocked. Also a note of interest I passed a friendly robin on a walk through the campus yesterday, that had a bunch of straw clutched in her beak that she was carrying somewhere to make a nest, that was a beautiful site and the fact she didn't seem scared of me as I was passing by, she seemed to pause and look at me as if to say I am working so hard to build a nest for my young. Nature is so awesome!

paige said...

beautiful!
simply beautiful!!
i love those little robins eggs

xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...