Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Catching Light

All you friends out there who come to visit The Avery House on a regular basis have perhaps become accustomed to me talking about my friend Patty. You know, I have known Patty now for less than a year, and I have actually seen her in person only two times, but none-the-less, I consider her a great friend. Patty actually contacted me after I linked a recipe for Black and White Cookies to Edie's Cookie Swap at Christmas. We have corresponded back and forth through e-mail, blogging, phone, and text messages just as friends do. The thing that I have grown to appreciate and cherish about Patty and the reason I call her a friend is her true sincerity in offering her friendship to me. I have learned A TON from Patty about photography and taking risks in doing the things that you love. Patty would not tell you this herself, but she is an amazing photographer and poet, and humanitarian, and friend. She graciously shares her plethora of knowledge about photography each week on her blog, and she really asks for nothing in return. I appreciate her thoroughness in learning her subject as well as her sincere desire to help others learn through her experiences and knowledge. Patty does not toot her own horn and seek all glory for herself in the amazing talents she possesses, but rather graciously radiates beauty through her sharing of her talents to help others grow in their own gifts and talents. She is a true teacher, a true giver, a true inspiration, a true light in the midst of darkness. Thank you Patty for sharing your gifts and talents with me, for mentoring me in growing my photography skills, and most importantly for being such a great friend.
I am sharing today with Patty for Photo a la {M}ode. Patty shared about "Catch Lights" last week or capturing light in the eyes to give them sparkle and come to life. From last week's photo shoots, the photos below showcase my best effort in capturing "catch lights.Come by and visit Patty's blog Finding Serendipity, leave a comment if you'd like, and enjoy.


3 comments:

Sarah Harper said...

These are both AWESOME, Amy! I especially love that one of EC - beautiful girl!

Lana Kim White Austin said...

I've missed chatting with you via blogland! Thank you for your note!!!! I'm back!!! I LOVED your light-filled photos and I think Patty's photos are great, too!!!!
Oh, and from your previous post--my little girls loved butterflies, too, and I remember painting, with my Mom, butterflies and flowers all over her nursery (this was Kate-Elizabeth's) when she was a baby!!!!
I pray that you have a blessed week,
Lana

patty said...

you're awesome, amy.
:))

i LOVE your photo of "EC"-i love how the yellow of the flowers is reflected in her eyes! well done!

thanks for directing folks my way, and thanks more for all your kind words! it was great to see you saturday and wish it could have lasted longer... my life is just so hectic these days!!

again, soon though!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...