Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Butterfly

My girls have a sincere love of butterflies. This delights my heart not only because I love butterflies as well, but also because both of my grandmothers also loved butterflies.
My Granny Bea had many beautiful butterflies and my Mema often wore butterfly pins upon her shoulder.  In my mind, each time I see a butterfly I think of my two wonderful grandmothers who taught me so much about how to live, love, appreciate, and enjoy life. I also think of how the butterfly can symbolize ones own faith journey as one grows and changes through God's love becoming the beautiful person you were meant to be.
The butterfly, so delicate, so beautiful, an amazing treasure in nature. Sharing today with Darcy for Sweet Shot Tuesday.

7 comments:

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Beautiful. I toured Holly Springs Home tour this weekend and the butterflies were awesome in the gardens there. It was a beautiful day. Your shots and sentiments are awesome too. Have a great day!!!
Love,
Aunt Brenda
Memphis, TN

Unknown said...

great capture of your spring visitor!

Nancy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy said...

"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower."

~ Hans Christian Andersen ~

Amanda said...

Great job! It can be hard to properly expose something dark against a bright background and you did a beautiful job!

patty said...

beautiful, amy... love the contrasts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...