Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Brunch and a Grown Up Egg Hunt

Although it is Tuesday, I still have not completed my coverage of the Easter holiday here at the Avery House.
Our Easter celebrations began of course with a lovely church service where our choir drew tears from the crowd with it's rendition of Handel's Hallelujah.


 After church we retreated back to the house to prepare for an amazing brunch with the Taylor Family.
We had enough food for ten families and we are still feasting on the leftovers.

After brunch the children hunted eggs which contained half-melted chocolate after it was all said and done. The temperatures were quite warm for an April day, but still nice.









 Later it was the grown-ups turn to hunt eggs.
What could be better than bottles of crown royal, and Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts cards as the golden egg prizes for the grown ups?
We aim to please here at the Avery House! It was defitnitely a great Easter celebration.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Amy, your home looks so beautiful, and I know the Easter service at your church must have felt like you were in heaven with the angels. I'm so glad it was not raining, even though it might have been a little warm. The food you served looks absolutely delicious! And, the pictures of the children bring back ancient memories of my childhood! The pictures of Sophie running around gathering eggs remind me of Emma-Caroline, when you were here Easter of 2008, and she was running around gathering eggs yelling, "It's an EGG! ..... It's ANOTHER EGG!!!!"

Sheri said...

Can I come to the hunt next year? I love Starbucks and DD - LOL - awesome post. Beautiful pics. Be blessed.

Polly said...

beautiful children and delectable looking brunch! have a wonderful week!

Polly said...

beautiful children and delectable looking brunch! have a wonderful week!

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Your food looks so good. Wish I knew how to put a spread on like that, mine was sort of missing something it seems. The Easter egg hunt and the fellowship looks so awesome. I know you all had a fun filled and blessed day.., I remember those fun filled days with children around..., they grow up way to fast and I really miss those times we all had.

Love,
Aunt Brenda
Memphis, TN

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...