Friday, April 8, 2011

Command Central

Last year when we purchased the home that we are currently living in, we decided to move the laundry room which was in the basement, upstairs. This left a small, but usable space that is now my Command Central for "The Avery House," "Josie-Bea Originals," and most recently added, "Amy Avery Photography". When I say my space is quite small, well, if I am standing in the center of the room, I lack about six inches before being able to touch the two walls on either side of me. But that's just fine for me. I had no prior place to call my "Woman Cave" in our previous home, so any space, big or small is icing on the cake for me! I thought you might like a tour of the place in which I spend a portion of my day every day.
 So, OK, I am standing in the entrance to Command Central. This is taken with my fixed lens, so that gives you perspective on the coziness of my little space. I actually really do love my little small space!
 Looking straight on from the entrance. I have a nice window which gives me great light for seeing that fine needle up close. I have plenty of room for my storage baskets for fabric and sewing notions.
 Looking at my sewing table from my chair. I am all ready to crank out a Peace. Love. Bearden. shirt!
 A little gander at the computer with it's best friend, Miss Sewing Machine!
 Y'all, I am all about motivation. This is one of my favorite art pieces that I own. I love what it says, and more importantly, I believe it! ;-)
 A little closer view of my sewing world.
 And what would any workplace be without a trusty cup of hot java. With my Josie-Bea Originals mug, I am ready to take on the day!
So there you go. A tour of Command Central for all my many ventures. I am blessed to have this space and I enjoy working here. It's close to my girls and cozy and it suits me to a T.

7 comments:

Nancy said...

I DO love your room!!! It is so colorful, inspiring, well equipped, and so full of love that it could make the pages of "Southern Living" with the best of them. Anybody that has a bone of depression in them would be instantly cured when walking into your little "command central"! You certainly have color in your rooms, and along with that, you've put color in your life! Congratulations, and thank you for making my day today with your beautiful blog post!

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Very colorful, I love it and I especially love that you can be in an area so close to your girls playroom and den. I love what you do with decorating. Awesome!!!

Love,
Aunt Brenda - Memphis,TN

Sheri said...

I love your room and your art piece. I have the magnet of that. Love it! Your blog is adorable and I'm enjoying following it. Keep up the good work. Be blessed.

KimberFNP said...

So cute! You make me want to get a sewing machine. Too many wishes so little time :) I love all the color here, very cheerful!

Unknown said...

What a colorful room! Perfect inspiration place for creating many things!!!

paige said...

what a cheerful happy place for command central!!

Anonymous said...

Love your space...had to share mine!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29635318@N07/5607956191/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...