Sunday, April 10, 2011

Rossini Festival

Yesterday was a day of simple luck in my book resulting in a day of fun and good company. Friday night I got an e-mail from my friend Patty saying that she was going to be in Knoxville for her daughter's dance competition. She asked if I might want to meet up somewhere downtown. I shot an email back at near midnight saying "Sure thing!" and "Let's meet at Cafe 4 on Market Square."
When Emma-Caroline, Sophie and I arrived on Market Square we were surprised to find the Rossini Festival going on! I had never been before, but whoa, what luck. There were art vendors, food vendors, entertainers, and more making Market Square and Gay Street the place to be yesterday!
 We had a little time before meeting Patty, so the girls and I dined on some pastries at a little French Cafe.


  We then took some pics in Krutch Park before heading into the Rossini Festival to partake of the sites.




 Poor little Sophie has some major allergies right now. Look how swollen her eyes are. Sweet thing still smiles for my photos though.
 And don't worry, she is taking allergy medication. Her allergies, though, have just been giving her an especially hard time right now.
We ended our great morning by finally meeting up with Patty at Cafe 4 where we both had a lovely coffee and the girls had chocolate cupcakes and  chocolate milk.
    Yep, it was a high sugar day! But, according to Sophie, totally worth it!

4 comments:

Sarah Harper said...

Oh that looks fun!! I've been wanting to get downtown for some of the festivities lately. Let me know if you go again! xo

Brenda Ledbetter said...

I wish I could have been there, that looks awesome. I know you all had such fun.

I am sorry Sophie is experiencing alergies this time of year, hopefully she will grow out of it. She keeps on having such fun though, yeah for Sophie..., such a sweet child too.

Love you all,
Aunt Brenda

Brenda Ledbetter said...

P. S. Emma-Carolyn is having a great time and looks so interested at what she is seeing. Must have been an awesome day of adventure.

Love,
Aunt Brenda

patty said...

your pictures came out great! and again, it was so nice to share coffee with you girls! :)
wish i could have stuck around to explore the festival... will have to tuck this date away in my memory for next year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...