Monday, May 16, 2011

A Visit to the Doc and Flowers from My Garden

Well, first let me say, THANK YOU all for your well wishes and prayers for me to feel better soon. I tell you, I have no idea what I have and neither does the doctor. I have been feeling run down, flu like acheyness, sore throat, etc. etc. for the past several weeks. I finally buckled and went to the doctor today who did a strep test which was thankfully negative. She also took blood to see if my anemia is still under control as well as to see if there were any other red flags. For now she told me to get rest, (yeah right) and take a few pills for allergies (not a fan of allergy medicines) to see if that is what is causing my sore throat. So pretty much I could have done all of that, except the blood work part. SOOOO we'll see. In the mean time, I am just plum tired by the end of the day and my brain is all foggy and I am good to go with just getting these little posts out. I do really appreciate your kindness to me and eventually I will be better. I thought I'd share some flowers from my garden with y'all this evening, because you know, flowers do make a sick person feel better. Have a wonderful evening!
 Jasmine growing on our outdoor living space pavilion
 Otto Lukin Laurel Flower outside our family room windows
 Hydrangeas beginning to bloom surrounding our entire back yard.
 We have at least four different types of hydrangea bushes in our back yard. They are all beautiful!
Little bunny planter outside my back door. Not sure what type of flower this is, but I like it!

5 comments:

Lana Kim White Austin said...

Amy....continued prayers for you to feel better! We have SO MUCH in common as I'm constantly fighting anemia, too, no matter how much spinach I eat and iron supplements I take! After Thomas was born, I was sick most of the 1st year of his life & VERY tired beyond just New Mom Tired and finally they ran a BUNCH of tests and found that I have hypothyroidism. I would definitely encourage your Dr. to do that test if he hasn't already--and to check to see that your TSH is as close to .5 as possible....they say anything under 5 is normal, BUT....I have symptoms if it's over 3.
Blessings/hugs,
Lana

Brenda Ledbetter said...

My continuted prayers are with you Amy. If it is thyroidism that will do all sort of things to your feelings of wellness. Thankfully there is something that can help if the Dr. finds that to be a problem. It could very well be the problem since it ran in the family with some of our relatives, memaw (mama) for instance.
Amy your flowers are so very beautiful!!! I wish I was there to view them myself. I know that helps your spirits very much to gaze into a beautiful flower garden..., that beauty is remarkable and takes the dent of feeling bad somewhat away I am sure.

Love,huggs and prayers to you all,

Aunt Brenda - Memphis, TN

Nancy said...

Amy, I hope the allergy medicine is helping, but if not, you might think about having some allergy tests run. A few years ago, I did this, and the doctor gave me shots for about a year. I should have continued because it DID help. Also, you should probably take some good vitamins. And, also, find out the results of your rheumatology tests. Your immune system is down, so please be careful. Stress is not good, but I know it is hard when so much is going on. Be kind to yourself.

Your flowers are so beautiful and the photography is excellent!

I love you ...... Mom

paige said...

gosh, i'm a terrible friend. i had no idea you had been feeling poorly sweetie!!
i'll be praying you are back to 100%, quickly!!

patty said...

beautiful flowers, miss amy. hope yo ufeel better by now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...