Friday, May 20, 2011

Snow Dreams: Emma-Caroline's Ballet Performance Act II

I've been told that we are lucky that a dance was chosen for Emma-Caroline's ballet class that involved a beautiful costume complete with a tutu. Some Mommy's have been disappointed, as I would have too, that their daughter's ballet costume was a clown outfit, night gown, or other non-ballerina-esque type costume. Yes, we were lucky that Emma-Caroline danced as a snowflake in "Snow Dreams." Not to say I wouldn't have been just as proud, as the other Mommy's were too, but it is nice to have your ballerina look like a ballerina too. So on to the performance. The studio where Emma-Caroline and Sophie take ballet lessons put on a phenomenal show for it's audience. ALL of the dancers were amazing ranging in age from 5 years to seniors in high school. There was not a moment that I wasn't wowed by these girls who gave their all last Saturday night. It was a night we will always remember and cherish!















4 comments:

Nancy said...

Wow, Emma Caroline, you look so, so beautiful!!!! It must have felt wonderful being up there on that stage in front of all those people. Did you feel like a real snowflake swirling around in the sky? I imagine the music and lighting must have made it all so enchanting. You look so poised in your pictures - like a real ballerina! I am so proud of you!

I love you ...... Nana

Lana Kim White Austin said...

Perfection! I'm glad she got to wear the "real" ballerina tutu, as well. I know she would've been just as beautiful and danced just as well, but it's part of the BEAUTY of tiny ballerinas to be in full tutu ensemble!
Hugs/blessings/prayers,
Lana
PS I love the family shot of all 4 of you looking so awesome!

Sarah Harper said...

Oh so beautiful! Emma Carolina is just so tall and elegant - the perfect ballerina! Glad you all had such a special night :)

Elizabeth Ann said...

Beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...