Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hydrangeas

I have to say that I LOVE the hydrangea. They are elegantly beautiful with their delicate lacy flowers gathered in a sphere-like cluster. One of the reasons we loved the house that we now call home is because of all of the hydrangeas that SURROUND the back yard. To say that I will be completely overjoyed in a couple of weeks when all of these lovely plants are in full bloom is an understatement.
It is quite the site to behold and I can't wait!!! I will definitely be posting about these beauties when they are in their splendor.
Until then, here are a few photos of some store bought lovelies from our Easter table. They just now withered. Yet another reason to love the hydrangea!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Depite their delicate look, these beautiful flowers are quite hardy! I didn't know this until last year, when I purchased some at a florist. They were white and lasted for what seemed like forever. Now I have a beautiful potted one on my front porch that is coming back from last year. I have lots of blooms on it, and I'm hoping the flowers will be blue since I put the fertilizer on them that is suppose to change the soil content that will make them blue! Blue is my favorite color, but they are also pretty in pink and white. Can't wait to see all of yours in full bloom. You have such an enchanted backyard garden!!!

Brenda Ledbetter said...

I love hydrangeas, and they are certainly a harty plant.

I still have a plant that Barry sent for mama 14 years ago, it still blooms each year, the blooms are a beautiful pink.

Please take some pictures when your are in bloom, I love seeing them.

Love,
Aunt Brenda - Memphis, TN

patty said...

one of my favorite flowers, too, amy! and i don't know if you realize how hard it is to properly expose something with all those shades of white... you did a great job!!

see you tomorrow!

Sheri said...

I love them too. Mine are all in bloom. Thank you so much for your sweet comments today. It is definitely a bittersweet time. Robert is graduating and Savannah will get her learners permit to drive on Monday. Hug those beautiful little ones of yours and enjoy every minute. p.s. your yard looks beautiful. post some pics of it - be blessed. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...