Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Blog It!

When I started my 365 Photography Project this year, I also came in contact with some fellow bloggers here in East Tennessee who are not only inspiring in their blog worlds, but also very lovely people whom I have become fast friends with. Last Friday, we all met at Cafe 4 on Market Square to share lunch and "gab" a little with each other. My friends Patty, and Edie and Polly were there and two other lovely ladies that were new to the group, Hollie, and Juhe (Not sure if I spelled that right, sorry).
We talked cameras, Edie's house plans, Patty's phenomenal photography, Hollie's shirt business, Polly's farm and upcoming trip to Uganda, and Juhe's recent decision to stay home, oh and I chimed in about my 365 project and Josie-Bea Originals Etsy store too. We had a wonderful time catching up with each other and sharing while feasting on Cafe 4's yummy entrees.
I really appreciate this group and each of these ladies who come and meet once a month to share their experiences. And I really appreciate the medium in which we all have come together to be able to meet and be friends. The blog world does bring the real world closer together. The thing I have really learned through blogging and connecting to other bloggers is that we all have extraordinary gifts that we get to share with each other. I've learned to not only appreciate what others have to share but also to appreciate what I have to bring to the table as well.
Sometimes I think it is easy to look out and say, "Wow, that's awesome, I wish I could be as awesome as she is." But I think the better response is to say, "Wow, that's awesome, what can I share of my own gifts and talents to help inspire others like she is inspiring others." We are all unique. We all have gifts. We all have something to bring to the table to make this life a little more interesting and flavorful. Because who wants to eat the same thing day in and day out? Not me! It's important to realize that we ALL matter, we ALL are here together making this life a little bit better each day by sharing who we UNIQUELY are. And that brings me back to my bloggers group from East Tennessee. This group is a place where we all appreciate and encourage each other, where there is no competition to be the best, where it's awesome to be YOU and to bloom where you are. So I challenge you to bloom where you are. Be happy with you, know that your uniqueness makes this world that much better, know that you are awesome just the way you are, and know that the gifts and talents you have were chosen for you so that you can share them and spice up this world we all live in and therefore make it a better place.
f 5.6, 1/125, ISO 3200, 165mm
 Sharing the above shot from Cafe 4 with my fellow East Tennessee blogging buddy Patty for Photo a la {M}ode.

4 comments:

Vaiden said...

Looks like a wonderful group. I hope I can make it next time!

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Very nice. Beautiful group of young ladies, I know you all enjoyed sharing your stories with each other. The pictures of the food look awesome too.

Thanks for the very nice post. It is something to think about for sure..., what a challenge and encouragement, very nice.

Love,
Aunt Brenda - Memphis, TN

patty said...

sweet post, amy!!
xo

Lana Kim White Austin said...

Dear Amy,
You are just the sweetest thing EVER!!! I loved catching up on your blog....from your GRILL MASTER to the roses/Mother's Day (you and your girls looked so beautiful) to your time out w/ fellow bloggers....wonderful photos and wonderful writing! As amazing as Italy is, it's also very challenging. I love the blog world where I can see "home" so easily through YOU!
MANY blessings to you,
Lana

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...