Friday, May 13, 2011

Blogger Down

Blogger has been down for the past 24 hours. For a momentary time, my post from Thursday was also taken down. This is nothing earth shattering or anything, but for a very short little bit, I began to worry that they may lose ALL of my posts from the past 3 years. I sorta freaked out in my head about the fact that the five hundred plus posts I had put up may never be retrieved. Of course, I quickly dismissed the thought and assured myself that Blogger would be back up. It made me think harder, though, about getting all of these blog posts printed in book form sooner than later. I've always known that you could print your blog in book form, but I've never done it. So I'm getting it done today. I will print off 2008, 2009, and 2010. I will save 2011 for when the year is complete and I am finished with my 365 project. In the meantime, I certainly don't want Blogger to go down again anytime soon.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

I print every year. It is how I scrapbook and I LOVE it! I hope someday it means something to my kids:)

Nancy said...

It took me awhile to figure out this picture of you, Amy. I couldn't tell if you were inside the house or out, and then it dawned on me that you were a reflection. Great picture!

Sarah Harper said...

I have had one blog book printed, but haven't done another for a loooooong time. ( I really need to do that again NOW!!!) Anyway, LOVE the blog book! Best keepsake ever!

Sheri said...

How do you print the blog? Thanks for the help. Have a blessed day.

paige said...

let us know how the books turn out...i would be so ridiculously heartbroken if i lost all my posts....if i were only as good about actually writing in a real journal!

Maggieb said...

I want to print mine someday as well! PS - are you just dying for your hydrangeas to bloom already!? Mine are small... but one of mine does have 1 bud, and I am SOO excited for it to bloom! haha

Lana Kim White Austin said...

Yes......great idea! When we left for Italy we copied the computer files for safe keeping...not just because it has all my work stuff (various articles for various pubs/new songs, etc.) but because it had all my pictures on there. And then I realized I had at least some photos on the blog if something happens to the computers in transit to Italy. BUT....even with those, I want to make hard copies of these blog posts and lots of my photos....the photos of my kids are soooo important to me as I'm sure they are to you! It makes me feel so bad for Edie that she lost her photos--but at least she had the blog.....IF it stays up....I hope she's making a book of the blog posts, too.
Sorry I'm rambling
;)
Love/hugs/blessings,
Lana

patty said...

i know! i kept coming back and couldn't leave a comment! let me know who you choose to publish your book and if you like it... i've been dying to do this! xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...