Thursday, May 12, 2011

Taking a Risk

I feel like my friend Patty over at Finding Serendipity and I sometimes live in complete photographic sync with each other. Now don't get me wrong, I by no means think I am as rockin' a photographer as Miss Patty. She is very modest about her Rock Star status as a photographer, but I have no problem saying it over and over that Patty is extremely skilled in photography.
What I mean about us being in sync though, is that whatever seems to be the topic, subject of her currant photographic endeavours also seem to be mine too without us even talking about it. It could be that great minds think alike, (I wish I had half her great mind when it comes to photography and other stuff.) Or it could be that we both live in East Tennessee and that the subject matter we are shooting is similar because that is what is before both sets of our eyes. Who knows?
What I do know is that in reviewing Patty's exquisite photos and through participating weekly in her Photo a la {M}ode tutorials, I am becoming a better photographer. She dares me to take the risk, to practice, to really know my camera, and for that, I will be forever grateful.
f 1.8, 1/125, ISO 125, 35mm
If you didn't check out her blog yesterday for Photo a la {M}ode, go on over there. I REALLY challenge you to take a risk with your camera. If you are any kind of photographer, share your photos over at Patty's. It's never to late to learn. And Patty just began from the beginning in her Photo a la {M}ode tutorials last week. I definitely am glad I started learning how to make my camera work for me. I took a risk and I haven't looked back.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Ann said...

I need to get a better camera and hope to get better at my photography.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...