Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Tea Time

This post is coming at you a little late today because I am sunk up to my eyeballs in "things" to do this week including Junior League responsibilities, volunteer responsibilities at Emma-Caroline's school, Emma-Caroline's birthday tomorrow, and a fantabulous cotillion ball I am going to on Friday (can't wait!), not to mention the everyday normal things that we do. With all that said, I am not complaining, just extra busy and not able to post until now.
Yesterday, before my mom went home to Memphis, She and Sophie and I had a wonderful lunch at the "Gallery Tea Room" here in Knoxville.
 If you are local, you need to try this place, if you haven't already. It is delightful!




 We started with a wonderful orange green tea that was perfectly brewed according to the "Perfect Tea Timer".

For lunch we dined on a wonderful tomato bisque soup and garden salad with a side cheese scone.
 
  Sophie had heart shaped grilled cheese and chocolate milk. My mom had a wonderful chicken salad.

 And finally for dessert, we delighted in wonderful scones dressed in whipped cream, blueberries, and strawberry preserves.
   It was a very delicious lunch and I will be making a trip back to the Gallery Tea Room in the very near future. I highly recommend it!

****Sharing with Patty for Photo a la {M}ode over at Finding Serendipity
(Food photos shot 1/30, f 4.8, ISO 320, White Balance set to Direct Sunlight with setting to blue)****

6 comments:

Pam said...

Looks so fun and yummy! Your pictures are so awesome.


Love you all!

Sarah Harper said...

Yum! These pics are great. Especially like the bisque picture -- spectacular!!!

patty said...

great photos, amy and i hope your daughter has a wonderful birthday!!! i also wish you a little peace as you work through this week... so glad that life is cyclical and it always crazy. just enough crazy to make it interesting!! :)

Unknown said...

Tomato Bisque is my favorite! What a cute tea day!!!

Brenda Ledbetter said...

This makes me so hungry. I love these unique places like this to go for a lunch. How nice and what special memories of a great time together. Wish I could have been there with you all. The miles and time prevented it this time around.
Love always,
Aunt Brenda - Memphis, TN

Nancy said...

Amy - I just now saw this post, and it makes me hungry all over again! I had such a good time that day, and Sophie was such a "little lady". I really enjoyed the time spent with all of you. It was a great mini vacation. Thank you so very much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...