Thursday, March 3, 2011

Now We Are Six!

 When I was One,
I had just begun.
When I was Two,
I was nearly new.
When I was Three
I was hardly me.
When I was Four,
I was not much more.
When I was Five,
I was just alive.
But now I am Six,
I'm as clever as clever,
So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever.
~A.A. Milne
 Today we are celebrating Emma-Caroline's 6th birthday. We have always loved A.A. Milne so last night at bed time we revisited the poem above "Now We Are Six!" Emma-Caroline was not so sure about the recounting of ages 1 through 5, but was certain that A.A. Milne described six right on the money.
 Emma-Caroline is at school right now perhaps enjoying hearing her name announced by Mrs. Dunlap, the school principal, that today is Emma-Caroline's birthday. I am sure she has her little chin buried in her chest with her head tilted to the side and a shy little grin on her face as her classmates turn to her and say, "Happy Birthday!" Later they will celebrate in class with a nutritious snack approved by Knox County schools. Raisins, juice and a small sugar cookie count as nutritious, right?
After school today, Emma-Caroline, Sophie, Howie and I will go to her favorite restaurant and later open presents. It couldn't be a more beautiful day to celebrate the day Emma-Caroline was born. May all your wishes come true, sweet Emma-Caroline!

6 comments:

patty said...

happy birthday to emma-caroline!

Nancy said...

Dear Emma-Caroline,

I hope that today will be an extra special, wonderful, glorious, beautiful, super delicious day for you! You are six years old now, and it seems just like yesterday that you were born. You have seen and done and learned so many things, and there is so much more to come. I hope that you will enjoy each and every beautiful second.

I love you very much!!!

Nana

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Dear Emma-Caroline,
You are as beautiful today as you were the first time I laied eyes on you as a newborn. Stay as sweet as you are now and you will grow into a very sweet and beautiful young lady. Happy Birthday to YOU!!!! Have fun and celebrate with a big smile and a big wish when you blow out the candles on your cake. Have fun with your mom, dad and sister. We love you very much.

Aunt Brenda - Memphis, TN

Lana Kim White Austin said...

Oh, she is so beautiful. A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your precious Emma-Caroline!!!! I've missed being able to stop by all week and look forward to catching up. We're in Italy now!
Hugs/blessings,
Lana

KimberFNP said...

Happy Birthday! Hope #6 is as beautiful as she is :)

{A*very} Blessed Life said...

Emma-Caroline says to tell all of you thank you for her birthday wishes! She had a magical day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...