Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sweet Shot Tuesday!

Today's Sweet Shot comes from our recent trip to the zoo this past Saturday. {f 6.3, 1/250, ISO 200}
 I couldn't resist this guy's beautiful feathers! He is a Toucan. Isn't he handsome! { f 6.3, 1/250, ISO 200}
And check out that bill! He looks ferocious doesn't he? Those "teeth" are actually an illusion. His beak is serrated to help him grind fruit and is hollow so that it doesn't weigh him down. Fascinating little guy!
{f 6.3, 1/100, ISO 200}
Sharing with Darcy for "Sweet Shot Tuesday" and Patty for "Photo a la {M}ode" over at Finding Serendipity. Check out Patty's blog if you haven't already and get your shots ready to share for tomorrow. She's having a give away!
Sweet Shot Day

11 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome captures and edit!

Melinda said...

Those colors are brillant! Stunning!

Beth @ Snaps Of Our Life said...

That's awesome! Bright colors!

Polly said...

Gorgeous colors! I hope you can make it to the blog lunch at my house on April 1st. Hope you are enjoying this Spring-ish weather

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Awesome and beautiful. How interesting!!!

Love,
Aunt Brenda

Susan said...

Amazing!! Love all those colors. God's creation is so beautiful♥

Daogreer Earth Works said...

Beautiful colors!

Nancy said...

Amy - those are really beautiful pictures, but my first reaction before I read your blog was, "Oh my, she's got another bird!!!" Well, now that I know that you haven't, I have to say I think that bird would have scared your other two birds to death, despite his beautiful colors!

Pam said...

Those are amazing shots of a very handsome bird. You are such a great photographer...only one of your many talents! Keep it going!

AMY said...

Beautiful Bird!
I'm a new follower from Sweet shot Tuesday!
Amy's Life @
www.amyclairejacob.blogspot.com

patty said...

gorgeous capture... love those rich colors!! i always keep my aperture wide open and am only now figuring out that a little more closed turns out beautifully... great job!
patty@findingserendipity.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...