Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Cat in the Hat Knows Alot About That!

We love Dr. Seuss! Have I told you that before? We have all the books and read them over and over again. I secretly hoped Emma-Caroline would have been born on March 2nd, Dr. Seuss' birthday, but I am happy she came on March third just as much. We watch our local PBS channel which has great educational cartoons like Clifford the Big Red Dog, Martha Speaks, Arthur and their most recent addition, The Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That. This past week, Emma-Caroline caught the advertisement on PBS that the Cat in the Hat would be at the Knoxville Zoo this weekend and she wouldn't stop talking about it until I agreed to take her to meet Mr. Cat.  We arrived at the zoo and found our way back to the Cat in the Hat Meet and Greet line.  

Howie graciously waited in line for the 45 minutes it would take to actually get to the Cat while the girls and I went to look at other fun exciting animal friends.
Finally it was our turn and the girls were BOTH thrilled to see him.
Usually Sophie runs screaming from any large costume animal, but The Cat passed the "Sophie-Not-So-Scary Test" and I got a photo with all three.
It was a beautiful day to be at the zoo today and I am glad we finally got to meet the real Cat in the Hat.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I love this post - especially because I get to see a picture of you, Amy. But, I also love the other pictures of Emma-Caroline and Sophie. I'm so glad Sophie wasn't afraid of "The Cat", and I think Howie was super to stand in line for so long. Glad y'all had a good day.

Brenda Ledbetter said...

I love those pictures!!! I think that is so spcial for the girls to visit a real book character. It was so special in our childhood when we would see Mr. Bingle, the snowman, or the Easter Bunny or whatever character was floating around department stores during different seasons of the year. Nowdays the theme parks and zoos are so special to visit. I love the magic of it all. How awesome and it makes for such vivid memories when you get older. I think all this adds to a persons imagination and creativity in later years.
Awesom!!!

Love,
Aunt Brenda - Memphis, TN

patty said...

what a great day, amy! love your photos, and how sweet of your husband!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...