Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Rain Drops

It seems that in practicing my photography skills, I have been drawn to all things nature. The Spring weather, may it be sunshine and blue skies, or clouds with rain showers, is inspiring. I will be sharing again today with Darcy for Sweet Shot Tuesday. Tomorrow I will be over at Finding Serendipity for Photo a la {M}ode. Speaking of Finding Serendipity, remember I told you of the contest Patty was having, well I won! I am so excited to be getting my very own camera strap from Eclectic Whatnot. And I am grateful to Patty, not only for my camera strap, but for hosting Photo a la {M}ode each week on her site. It takes a lot of effort to put out a quality post each week. Patty not only is generous with her photography pointers, but also is a darn awesome photographer that you will learn a lot from now matter what skill level you are at. Check out this fun, safe place to explore and grow your photography skills tomorrow, Wednesday, at Finding Serendipity. You will be glad you did! OK, now for the sharing:
 You know I have a love of my coral bark maple. I just love how the raindrops look like little glass beads adorning this beauty's delicate branches.

 The underbrush of our himlock sparkle with the tiniest adornments of raindrops.

 The ever beautiful dogwood in our back yard looks even more radient with these beautiful beads of water.
 And, I am sorry to say, I am ignorant to what this plant is in my yard. I do find it beautiful especially in the rain.
{All of these shots were taken with my Tamron for Nikon 18-270mm lens. I am really enjoying switching back and forth between this lens and my new 1.8 35mm. With these, I wanted to be able to really manipulate the lens for the exact photo I wanted, so I chose the Tamron lens which gives me more fine tune focusing control. All shots are done in full manual mode for settings and focusing.}
Sweet Shot Day

13 comments:

deb duty said...

These are all gorgeous photos. The drops of water look so beautiful and add such a nice touch. I think the dogwood photo is my favorite, but they are all great.

Beth @ Snaps Of Our Life said...

Great shots! I love how you captured the raindrops!

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Such beautiful vibrant colors! LOVE!

TaMara Sloan said...

Very beautiful! I love the way you caught the waterdrops.

Following you from Sweet Shot Tuesday.
http://soccermomphotography.blogspot.com/

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Absolutely beautiful shots of nature and the raindrops. How awesome....

I love the colors!!!! It makes me fee like I am walking right in the mist of it all. Awesome, awesome, awesome, that these beautiful photos you took and have taken make someone feel like they are there too.

Love you all,

Aunt Brenda - Memphis

Nancy said...

Very beautiful, very professional!!!

a husband and a dad said...

Good stuff. Raindrops are on my bucket list of photos for this year. I'll have to get outside the next time we have some rain to get them.

Unknown said...

Love your raindrop shots!

Pam said...

Love love love these pictures. They would be beautiful framed! Always a nice birthday or mother's day gift (did I say that out loud?).

paige said...

beautiful shots!

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous! You do wonderful work!

patty said...

simply beautiful, amy!! love the very first one best.. it is stunning!! thanks for the plug! :) and would you please email me your addy so i can mail the strap to you?? thanks, girl! see you friday?
xoxo

Lizzi said...

Beautiful!

Your coral bark maple is amazing!

Congrats on the camera strap! I just bought one for a friend - you're going to love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...