Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Here Comes the Sun!

Last week, Patty of Finding Serendipity challenged her Photo a la {M}ode participants to practice getting images of sun flares. She told us step by step how to set your camera up to capture the sun's beautiful rays of light. I immediately set off to practice on Thursday and Friday since I knew we were going to have a stretch of rainy weather. I really like how these images turned out. It was actually pretty easy to do, so don't be intimidated. You can do it too. Just click here to go to Patty's post from last week and she will tell you exactly how to set your camera up. And while you are there, go ahead and post a photo for Photo a la {M}ode. Just try it, I promise you will LOVE it!  Now, without further adieu, here comes the sun!
 f 40, 1/80, ISO 200
 f 40, 1/80, ISO 200
 The one above and the one below were shot from inside my garage. I had no idea the first one was going to come out like this. I was pleasantly surprised. Above shot stats: f 40, 1/20, ISO 200
 f  40, 1/20, ISO 200
 f 29, 1/8, ISO 200
 f  29, 1/30, ISO 200
f 29, 1/80, ISO 200

5 comments:

patty said...

great shots, amy! can't believe the ones you captured with multiple starbursts!! fantastic! :)

ashley noelle said...

Pretty sun flare! I love the golden tones you captured!

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Awesome shots. I love the 1st one from inside your garage, awesome and beautiful. That one could sure be published in an inspirational book, or put on a cover of something special, I believe. All your shots now and before are very beautiful too and could rate fame. You are an excellent photographer already!!!

Nancy said...

Oh, Amy, those are all so beautiful!!!

4 Lettre Words said...

Such lovely captures, especially the last two!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...