Monday, March 14, 2011

The Old City

I had a wonderrful birthday weekend! Thanks for all of the birthday wishes! You made my day! 
 
Saturday night, Howie and I went out solo to celebrate my birthday at the Melting Pot in the Old City here in Knoxville. I shot a view images before we had to go in for our reservation.

The Old City has fond memories for me of when I was in college and we would all go out for food, fun and entertaiment. The Old City is still charming to me and I love to venture back every once in a while.
One of these days, I plan to go back to the Old City and other parts of downtown Knoxville for a photo walk with my friend Patty.
These images were put into photo shop for a little enhancing. I think they almost look like paintings now and I like the way they turned out.  BTW I received the Nikon 50mm 1.4 prime lens I have been eyeing and hinting at for the past several months for my birthday. I am clicking my heels with joy and excitement. I have fast realized though that this new lens is a whole other animal that I have to learn all about. I have also realized that I have really gotten really good at making my Tamron 18mm-270mm lens (a super fab lens, just in case I haven't told you that)  really work for me. I will save further thoughts on this subject for a post in the future. Until then, I am practicing with my new lens and loving it!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

These are really beautiful pictures, Amy, and they do look like paintings. I really love the colors! You should blow them up and frame them. Glad you had a wonderful birthday!

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Beautiful pictures Amy. I am so glad your day was so special. Happy Birthday sweet niece.

Love,
Aunt Brenda - Memphis, TN

Elizabeth Ann said...

Glad u enjoyed.

patty said...

beautiful shots and yes! we have to do that photo walk. i love the colors in your images and hope you had a wonderful time... my favorite date w my husband was dinner at nama's, dessert at melt pot, a walk on gay st and collective soul concert at TN Theater... still relish the memories!
xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...