Sunday, January 9, 2011

Three. Six. Five.

So hmmmmm, I am sure maybe (or not) some of you have been thinking, "Wow, that Amy, she sure is a cranking out the blog posts lately. And there is a reason for this. That reason is that I have challenged myself in the New Year to take a photograph and post it on "The Avery House" blog every single day of this year. WHY??? Well, I had gotten the idea from a morning TV program of growing your skills in photography by shooting photos every day and then holding yourself accountable by posting them somewhere like a blog.
After looking into it some more, it seems that this is a common practice amongst professional and amateur photographers out there. Apparently, if you are consistently using your camera, you become more familiar with it's settings and what works with different lighting, etc.
Taking a photography class will give you the basics, but actual practice is what builds skill. So, I am a hands on kind of girl and thought, why not? So far, I really feel like I have learned a lot more about my camera.
For instance, today I played around with the white balance in the shots I am posting , and I see it really can make a difference in the color presentation of your subject, if you have the white balance adjusted properly.
I still have a lot to learn, but I am excited to see how my photography skills have improved over the next year. So check back daily for the latest in the daily life of "The Avery House." And if you'd like to leave a comment, please do. I LOVE hearing from you!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Amy - those are really beautiful shots that you posted today, and even though it is the beginning of your test to see how much you are improving your photography, I will tell you that I think over the years, you have gone from being an amatuer to what appears, in my opinion, to be a professional photographer. Love you .... Mom

Pam said...

Amy this are beautiful and definetly frameable! I live all the color depth and you can even see the textures. Keep up the good work! Love you!

{A*very} Blessed Life said...

Thank you both for your encouraging words. That means so much to me! I love you both!

Sarah Harper said...

Gorgeous, Amy! What a fun goal, too! I look forward to seeing your every day pictures !

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Yes the photography is beautiful, you are definitly a professional now, in my opinion. I though at first Pam said definetly flameable, when I was just glancing at it, thought that's good advice from a career nurse. I see now they are definetly frameable and they are indeed that...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...