Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Stained Glass Sugar Cookies

This is an easy little recipe that is sure to delight those who partake in these yummy little cookies. You can use a sugar cookie recipe and truly make them from "scratch" or do it the Semi-Homemade way like I will show you here.
Howie and the girls gave me this wonderful mixer for Christmas and I broke it in with this recipe for Stained Glass Sugar Cookies.
You start with the following: 1. Package of Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees or 340 degrees if using a convection oven.
2. One stick of unsalted butter softened
3. One egg
4. Strawberry Preserves (or any kind of preserves that you prefer)
Mix the first three ingredients together until a dough ball forms. Place a tablespoon full of dough on an ungreased cookie sheet for each cookie.
Using your thumb, make a print in the middle of each cookie to create a "well." Spoon a 1/2 teaspoon of preserves into each cookie well.
Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes or until sugar cookies are golden brown. Just keep an eye on them.
Cool on a wire rack.
Caution! Preserves stay VERY HOT even after the sugar cookie has cooled. They can scald your mouth if you decide to eat one while still warm.
We made these while being "snowed in" but these little yummies would make the perfect Valentine's Day goody for your special someone!
Enjoy!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Amy - I'm sitting here with one eye on "The Barefoot Contessa" and one eye on your blog. The two of you are in full competition of each other!!! Thank goodness for commercials! Those cookies look fantastic, and I'm glad to see that you are wasting no time before using your new mixer. Your photography is very artistic and professional. I love the one of the cookies in front of the mixer and the one of the egg on top of the butter.

KellyMellyBoBellyBananaFanna said...

These cookies remind me of being a kid!

Kelly

Elizabeth Ann said...

Mmmmmm....Cookies.

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Yumm, Yumm, I wish I was there for a taste of what looks so good on this screen. I bet your home smells so good with the fresh baked cookies.
Love,
Aunt Brenda - Memphis, TN

Val said...

I just stumbled on your blog and so glad I did. Happy Friday.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...