Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Strength. Beauty. Grace.

Meet Josie
Josephine LeFrance Adams Albea to be exact.
Named for her father Joseph Adams
and her Uncle who was in France during WWI
Born on June 5, 1918.
Lost her mother at the age of six months.
Grew up in Memphis, Tennessee.
Saved by her Aunt from an on-coming train
when her shoe got caught in the rails.
Went back later to get the shoe
after the train passed because
that was the only pair she had.
Began working as a child
to help support her family.
Married Thomas W. Albea
in front of the family fireplace
with two large ferns flanking either side
for decoration.
Was given an art deco gold diamond ring
which has been passed down for two generations.
Was "Josie the Riveter"
on WWII planes.
Became a mama to twin girls,
Linda Fay and Brenda Kay.
Became a mama to another baby girl
Nancy Jo, my mama.
Cooked, sewed, cleaned,
loved, cherished, honored.
Made a home
for her three girls
and loving husband.Lived life.
Loved others.
Loved God.
Meet Josie.
Real Strength.
Real Beauty.
Real Grace.
My Grandmother.
My hero.
My friend.
Miss you Mema!

4 comments:

paige said...

i love your old family photos!
sounds like you come from 'good people'
xo

Sarah Harper said...

Another beautiful post, Miss Amy! I was immediately struck by how much she looks like Sophie. Wow!

Nancy said...

Amy, that is so beautiful and precious. It's so amazing, I was thinking about Mama ("Mema")early this morning. Her spirit lives all around us. Our memory of her will never leave us. We were all blessed to have had her to teach us how to live our lives with strength, beauty, and grace. I am so thankful that you have such sweet memories of her.

I love you .... Mom

pludra1945@msn.com said...

I love this blog about Mana....you put this together really good....Mama was certainly an incretible, talented and beautiful person....she was a great Mother and I'm proud that I was born to her and had such a memorable and great life growing up under her direction and goals.....I miss her so much and will never forget her for the rest of my life and forever.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...