Thursday, January 13, 2011

Somewhere in Jellystone!

OK, so I do love a great snow day or maybe even two, or more if there is still SNOW on the ground to play in, but when it comes to being a slushy mess that is more of an annoyance than fun, then I am OVER the snow. Yes, my attitude needs a little adjusting. SMILE! OK, much better now. The girls have been out of school this entire week which is great and all and I love having them at home because I love them. But we are all going a little stir crazy, including our dear friends the Taylor's. So what do you do when it is below freezing and the wind is whipping in your face and there is nothing to do?
You go to the movies with your friends.
And since it would be inappropriate to take children between the ages of 7 and 3 to see True Grit, you go see the only kids movie out you haven't seen yet, Yogi Bear.
I'm thinking, "This will be cute. I liked Yogi Bear as a kid, loved Yogi's Christmas movie, LOVE Justin Timberlake, and loved me some Ed when it was on NBC, so this is going to a great little movie!" Yeah, well, not so much! The digital bear animation of Yogi and Boo-Boo were great and Dan Aykroyd and Justin Timberlake did great voice overs for the two bears, but the rest of the movie tanked! And that bothers me somewhat. I mean, why make a movie and get big name actors to do voice overs and then go and write a lame script that leaves you thinking the whole time, "Really, this is what I paid $34 and gave up 2 hours of my life for?"
To be fair, the kids super enjoyed the movie and that is all that matters, right???
That, and the fact that I have left my sanity somewhere in Jellystone!

2 comments:

Kat said...

Oh my, you are a lucky girl, my friend, to get out of the house, even if it was for a lousy movie, LOL. I have been stuck in mine since Sunday as well, ugh. Must.get.out.soon!!!! Your blog is super cute too!

Valerie@chateaualamode.typepad.com said...

I totally get paying waaaay too much for a movie that isn't worth it. I'm sure your kids enjoyed it though, and I guess, you're right, that makes it worth it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...