Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again!

It seems that I have had a few bouts of "falling off the horse" so to speak when it comes to the custom children's clothing and monogram business Josie-Bea Originals I began (gasp) almost three years ago. Whaaaaat???? Three years? That doesn't seem possible. But I suppose it is. The great thing about the business I started is that it has allowed me to be flexible when there have been bumps in the road like being diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis (and learning how to mange arthritis pain with sewing) and moving twice over the past year (and having to "find" all of my sewing notions and supplies). And almost cutting my finger off this past October speaks for itself. Ohhhhh, I can almost laugh about that now (note I said almost).
Josie-Bea Originals with it's inception in my garage has had many homes from a fancy website, to children's boutiques across the country, to a local children's boutique, to a current great blog spot and Etsy store. I have learned so many things since the beginning of my Josie-Bea Originals Store not only about sewing but also about me. I have learned what quality looks like and is and that it is worth the time and effort to take your time and do it right the first go round. I have learned what it feels like to be elated that people like the product that I have produced and what it feel like to be overwhelmed because people like the product I have produced. I have learned how far I can go with this business and how far is too far with this business. I have learned that you can't please everyone and that is OK, as long as I know it was my best effort and attempt to give quality customer service, then it's OK. I have learned that sewing for those you love means a lot. I have learned ,the hard way, to keep my fingers away from the embroidery machine when it is stitching. I have learned that a good pair of embroidery scissors, quality embroidery thread, the correct stabilizer for the job, and having a never ending supply of bobbin replacements are worth their weight in gold. I have learned to never leave my embroidery machine unattended when it is in use. I have learned that yes, there are many shades of white! But most importantly, I have learned that I can do it. It's OK to stumble and maybe fall, and perhaps sew my finger to the embroidery machine(not really), as long I learn something from it and keep going. So, I am "Back in the Saddle Again" and Josie-Bea Originals will soon be re-opening her doors for the New Year. As always, I appreciate the love and support I have been given by friends, family and even those I do not know. It is a true blessing to be able to do something you love to do.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Amy - this is wonderful news! I know that you have put your whole heart into this business, and now that you know that it can be successful, you can pick and choose what you want to do with it. The most important thing is that you really do enjoy doing it. Have fun, be careful with your fingers, and know that I am very proud of you.

I love you ..... Mom

Elizabeth Ann said...

Good Luck.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...