Friday, January 28, 2011

Generational Profile

As I look at this little profile, I see not only the precious face of my sweet Emma-Caroline, but also the faces of generations that came before and perhaps those that will come after too. I see the face of my great-grandmother whose little curved nose followed the same line as this. I see the face of her paternal grandfather who gave her these long eyelashes and beautiful soulful brown eyes. I see the face of my own Daddy in her expression and twinkle in her eyes. I see Howie's face and I see my own intertwined into this beautiful face that is our very own Emma-Caroline. And I see the face of the future in this sweet little profile, of the possibilities that await. As I gaze upon this beautiful profile of my very own child, I think of all the generations that went before, the generations that may come after and I feel connected to them all on this perfect timeline that our Heavenly Father created. I feel blessed and loved and complete.

4 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Beautiful girl!

Nancy said...

Every picture I've ever seen of Emma-Caroline's profile, my reaction has always been, "Oh my, what a beautiful child!" This picture is no exception. Of course, I always think that of any picture of her, as I do of my other granddaughter, Sophie. I guess it's a grandmother's pride .... but you are so right about seeing the generations that came before her as you look at her. It is so amazing how one person can look like so many, and because of that, they have their own unique look.

paige said...

absolutely beautiful....

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Sometimes I see Linda and I in her profile, like the picture that was taken when Linda and I appeared in the paper one year when we were Emma-Caroline's age..., looking like a reflection of each other because of being twins...., that particular pictures to me looks like some of the profile pictures of Emma-Caroline or at least it gives me flashback of the time when we were that age. Awesome!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...