Thursday, June 9, 2011

VMT

For those of you other than the person this post is written about, my title leaves one wondering, "whaaaattt?" The title of my post is actually the initials of one of my dearest friends, whom you have met before as we have been known to travel together on more than one occasion. She is named after the town of Vaiden, Mississippi, grew up in Vicksburg, and landed herself in Knoxville after following her sweetheart here for law school. Those of you who read my blog know that I am speaking of my friend Vaiden, whose legal name, incidentally is Vaiden McElwee Taylor or VMT. You have heard of our adventures together to Disney World, Atlanta and most recently to the beach. But what I want to introduce you to tonight is Vaiden's blog, "The Taylored Life." Vaiden is a very gifted comedic writer, and although she does not seek to find the absurd in life, somehow the absurd seems to find her. Much to my delight, Vaiden has an excellent sense of humor about these little random incidents of absurdity, and regularly will share about them in her blog. I often find myself laughing so hard from her blog posts that I am crying. Her posts are not always comical and can be sentimental, like her most recent about her son Davis who turned five this past Monday, but they are always worth reading. So check out "The Taylored Life" and have a good laugh. I'm certain you will be entertained. Love you VMT! Oh and Vaiden this one's for you!

7 comments:

Vaiden said...

Touching blog post that made me cry: cool. Horrible eight-legged nightmare creature (beautifully photographed, of course!): uncool!! Thank you for being such an awesome friend and partner in crime.

Nancy said...

Since your last post was "VBS" (Vacation Bible School), I thought maybe the "V" in this post also stood for Vacation. I really couldn't guess, but the picture of the two of you is absolutely beautiful, and y'all really do look like you're up to SOMETHING! I think it's great to have a friend that you can feel so comfortable with.

Well, I did read Vaiden's blog and thought it was totally hilarious, and after thinking about it for a while, I think that "VMT" could also stand for Vacation Minus Tan! You really don't look pasty white in that picture, though, Vaiden. Your skin must have been taken to that South Carolina sun!

{A*very} Blessed Life said...

I have since edited my list to remove a photo of a granddaddy long leg. You see Vaiden has a horrible fear of such bugs and I was pulling her leg, no pun intended, by posting the picture. But sense I know my friend well, she was not pleased with my little joke at her expense. So I removed the pic because I love my friend and don't want her to have further nightmares about mr. Creepy. That's one thing Vaiden does not laugh about. Hee, hee, hee!

paige said...

i love speaking in initials too :)
what a pretty picture of you two.
love your new beachy blog banner
xo

Lana Kim White Austin said...

Oh, I have so much catching up to do.....I've enjoyed reading your last blog entries and catching up!
I love Vaiden's name!
The outfits (matching, of course, which I LOVE) are just so adorable!
I need to take my kids to Charleston as I miss it so myself. I've just recently been talking to them about the historic quarter/my walks with Tom there/the Battery when we were first married!
Hugs/blessings,
Lana
PS Are you feeling better???? I pray so!

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Beautiful photo. I can't get over how long your hair has gotten, it is so pretty. Your friend Vaiden is so pretty too. I know you all had a great time together. I like her name, that is cool.

Have a great day,
Aunt Brenda - Memphis, TN

patty said...

love her name... off to visit her blog when i finish here... heeheehee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...