Monday, June 20, 2011

Doing the Charleston!

OK, I just couldn't resist the title of this post. Since I ventured back to Charleston yesterday, I am continuing along with that theme by taking you to lunch at Slightly North of Broad or S.N.O.B. and on a carriage ride around downtown Charleston. I can't believe it has been three weeks since we left Charleston. Makes me sad. I just really love that city! Upon recommendation, I am reading Folly Beach. It's a great read and I am really enjoying it, but missing the South Carolina shore and Charleston even more. Oh, woe is me (as I slap my wrist to my head and fake swoon)! So have I ever told y'all this before, Howie is a foodie. I mean the boy loves a good restaurant. He grew up in NYC, after all,and is quite the food snob. So when we went to S.N.O.B. in Charleston, well, let's just say, they did not disappoint.
I know if Howie likes a place by how little he talks during the meal, and by the sounds of "mmmms" and the "oh, this is amazing!" that comes from his lips as he is savoring his meal. Too bad he married me, because I do not do gourmet. Good wholesome, delicious food, I cook, but gourmet, not me.
While we were in S.N.O.B. and having a fabulous lunch, I took the opportunity to snap a few photos of us dining in the reflection of the mirror.
 Can you see us?
And you know I only get pics of me if I take a photo of myself in a window or mirror, so here's a couple of me while we were waiting for our carriage ride.

Our private carriage finally did arrive and Emma-Caroline and Sophie were all smiles.


They lasted through the tour up to a point, and then it was a nap for Sophie.
Emma-Caroline occupied her time by reading a book we had purchased earlier. I guess Charleston History is not their cup of tea just yet. I had a great time snapping photos of the Charleston homes. Many of the gate photos were from that ride.
The girls did like our little horsey friend and thought it very novel that the carriage driver threw a "pee marker" in the rode after our friend relived himself on the street. I guess you gotta go when you gotta go. At least Charleston does come by and scrub the streets where those markers are left.
We said our goodbyes to Mr. Horsey, and to Charleston. Sniff! I can't wait to go back!

3 comments:

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Those are the most awesome and fun pictures I have seen for a vacation full of excitement and interest, the other pictures you have sharred are awesome too..., I am so glad you had such a great and wonderful time. The girls and Howie look so good and all the scenery is awesome too. Love what you share, I must go there sometime and see all of this for myself, my imagination and interest has been sparked for sure.

Love,
Aunt Brenda - Memphis, TN

paige said...

such great colorful pictures!
i love her little napping face
& i love your window reflection.
ya'll don't look like you were about to die from heat stroke either!

Sheri said...

Awesome pics. I love the blue bows - makes me soooooo miss Savannah at that age - she wore bows bigger than her head from the time she was born until she decided what to do with her own hair - LOL. Beautiful girls - just like their mama.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...