Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Straight Out of the Camera

I am approaching the 1/2 way mark in my 365 Photography Project. On Thursday, I will have posted over 180 blog posts and more than triple that in photos. I feel I have learned so much since January 1st, but I still have so much more I want to learn. One of the things I am interested in focusing on in the next month is posting photos that I have not tweaked at all in any kind of editing program.
I am going to say at this point that there is nothing at all wrong with using an editing program to enhance the photos you take. In college, I took many photography film classes in which we learned how to edit our photos through cropping, exposure time, etc. in the dark room. Editing and enhancing photos has been done for ages, so doing it digitally doesn't affect the integrity of your photo.
I am still going to edit photos with a goal of becoming more of a natural at it, but sometimes, the photos you take straight out of your camera need no editing. Editing is a great tool, but not every photo needs it. My goal is to learn when I need to edit and when to just leave it alone.

5 comments:

Sheri said...

I'm so jealous. Your pics are awesome. I wanted to do the project too and never started. Next year :) I just got a 50mm lense yesterday and I bought the wrong one - I got a Canon lense for my Nikon camera - ugh. Have a great day.

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Pretty shots of the flowers.

Nancy said...

These photos are beautiful. They look 3-D!

Lana Kim White Austin said...

Fantastic photos..and unedited no less! I understand what you're talking about....I'm trying to get better with light and framing control manually so I don't have to edit later.

Oh, Sophie's party was sooooo cute....I loved her outfit, too!!! And the flower bushes you planted for each of your daughters...that's just so precious!

How are you feeling???? I pray that you continue to be feeling much better!!!

Hugs/blessings,
Lana
PS I hope your power is back on@!!!

Agrestic Designs said...

Beautiful flowers Amy… unedited too. Can't beat that! Congrats on all your hard work paying off!
(mary)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...