Thursday, June 23, 2011

I Heart Electricity and My Nikon D90!

We are still without power at the old Avery Homestead. Still not a big deal, but it would be nice to have it back on. My task for today is to remove all the food from the fridge and freezer since it has been two days since we have had power in our house. Our hotel stay was nice and we may be back there tonight if KUB has not restored our power by then. KUB is reporting that this is the largest power outage in Knoxville history with more than 60 percent of customers having lost power. I really take so much for granted that electricity offers this modern day girl. My girls have been troopers and have entertained themselves for hours playing indoors in the daylight. I have misplaced my SD card for my D90 so I have been snapping photos with this camera phone. They are wretched in quality but I am using what I have to keep on plugging with my 365 Photography project. I must say I have at least learned how to blog
 and post photos from my phone so this has not been a loss for me in this project
Here are photos from last night at the hotel . I cant wait to be back in a powered house and to be using my Nikon D90 again! PS it is hard to correct grammar and punctuation on the phone keypad so please excuse mistakes like this random n I can not erase! n


.

3 comments:

Brenda Ledbetter said...

So glad you found a hotel with power. Hope yours comes on soon. The pictures are nice and tell an enduring story.

Be safe and take care,

Love,
Aunt Brenda - Memphis, TN

paige said...

ugh. i'm so sorry ya'll are without power at home. boo & hiss!
hoping you're all back up & running real soon
xo

Elizabeth Ann said...

i love the random n you was not able to erase. You were able to make it work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...