Monday, June 6, 2011

H*O*T!!!

We are back in Knoxville and boy is it H*O*T!!! I mean really, do we have to go from 50 degree weather in May to almost a 100 degree weather the first of June? Now who went and made Mother Nature mad enough to yo-yo us all in the South with weather like this? It's absurd! No offense Mother Nature! We are starting VBS at our church tomorrow and I am one of the core committee members. This year I am responsible for being the official photographer of VBS. SCORE! No really I am actually VERY excited about photographing all the wonderful little friends who come to VBS this week. It is so much fun and I look forward to it every year. That being said, I'm gonna be up to my eyeballs in photos this week, so I am going light on the blog posting here at the old Avery House. Today's photo that I am posting is from our last day in Charleston. This photo was way over exposed as I clicked it before looking at my light meter. But this just goes to show you that a little editing can salvage any photo. Usually Sophie's eyes get washed out when I try to put her in black and white. But because the rest of her face was over exposed, her eyes popped in the color version of this photo. I put it in black and white and adjusted the contrast and it turned out pretty well I think. Stay cool y'all! This week is supposed to be another scorcher.

4 comments:

Vaiden said...

Love the photo and the new header photos. I am also really excited about the VBS photos by Amy Avery Photography!

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Beautiful little girls. I am so proud of them. So glad your trip was so nice and so much fun. Love the pictures.

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Vacation Bible School photography should be an awesome picture book for everyone. I want a copy too...

Awesome that you are their photographer!!!!

Aunt Brenda

patty said...

it's a perfect shot, i think! :)
hope vbs was wonderful... can't believe how much i've missed here! :0

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...