Saturday, June 18, 2011

Lake Club

The Kanuga Lake Site dates back to the early 1900's and has a very interesting history. If you haven't clicked on the links I have included in my prior two post, you can find out more about the history of Kanuga here. The cabins on Kanuga Lake are the original to the site.
 I thought they were quite charming and I will request to stay in one the next time I go. The inn, where I stayed, was built later in 1968.
I was actually surprised by how much the main gathering room at Kanuga Lake resembled my own family room. It felt very homey to me, and I guess that's why.
 I enjoyed my visit to Kanuga, and I actually do look forward to going there again. It was very peaceful and restful. Perfect for a retreat!

4 comments:

Lana Kim White Austin said...

I, too, have tried to wiggle out from God's leading. He always gets His way! :) Eventually, anyway...
:)
I'm so glad that you're finding peace about your calling. Your retreat sounds wonderful! I had an aamzing Emmaus retreat like that that was truly life-changing. That's cliche, I know, but it's true for me!
I will pray for your new ministry endeavors!!!
Hugs/blessings....and your photos are wonderful as always,
Lana

Nancy said...

That is amazing how much that gathering room looks like your family room - the couches, the chairs, the fireplace. If I believed that way, I'd say you were somebody else in a different life. Guess it's just coincidental, though.

patty said...

looks like the perfect lake retreat... hope that it nourished your soul!
xo

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Very pretty. I'd like to go there someday. I went on about 3 Christin retreats in my lifetime, it was awesome and beautiful and certainly life changing. One was a Airline Christin Retret at Glenn Erie in Colorado Springs, Colorado. It was absolutely awesome. My heart is with you as you seek the ministry of your heart and soul with the guidence of our LORD and GOD.
God Bless You!!!
Aunt Brenda - Memphis, TN

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...