Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Met (Part IV)

The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York is GINORMOUS! When I tell you that it is HUGE, I am not exaggerating. These posts on the collections that Howie and I saw only scratch the surface of the wonderful and amazing art that is housed in the Met. The impressionist paintings of Monet, Van Gogh, Renoir, Manet, Degas, Matisse . . . simply put, blew me away. I was speechless as I viewed ACTUAL paintings done by these amazing artists. The Van Gogh paintings, breath taking. And the Monets, WOW! Non of my photos do any of these works of art justice, but I will post them none-the-less. Enjoy, and if you haven't gone to the Met, go, if you ever get the chance.





















2 comments:

nancy said...

I don't think you would ever get me out of there!!! Those pictures of those paintings are FANTASTIC, AMAZING, BEAUTIFUL!!!! I really do have to get to New York! Thank you for posting these. Love the picture of you with the water lilies and the one of Howie admiring another beautiful painting. I love them all!

Brenda Ledbetter said...

All the items are beautiful. I love it there. I would like to go there and spend a lot of time just aweing at the beauty of it all.

Thanks for sharing the MET with us. Love it all,

Aunt Brenda - Memphis, TN

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...