Saturday, July 2, 2011

Little Sassy!

Friday night was not a happy night for one little friend in the Avery House. Sophie was not pleased at all that she was not getting to go to the Taylor Swift concert. If you are a Facebook friend of mine, you know that Sophie recently announced, "That was lasterday, Mommy, when I was a wittle gurl. I four now, so I can stay up all night and do whatever I want!" With that clearly stated, Sophie was not sure why we were telling her she wasn't quite old enough to go to see Taylor Swift. Tears were shed, hair was wrenched, feet were stomped. Yep this girl was not a bit pleased that she was not going. Little Sassy was finally appeased with the promise that we would go to Toys R Us so that she could spend her gift card that she got for her birthday from her Grandma Beverly and Aunt Rhonda. Goodness me, I am going to have a lot to contend with later in the tween years!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I guess from her perspective, she was being treated unfairly. I remember having those same feelings when Linda and Brenda were invited to so many things and I wasn't, but like you, Mema always smoothed it over for me, and made me feel like I was getting the better end of the deal. Life can be so difficult from a four year olds point of view, especially when you are the youngest!

Brenda Ledbetter said...

What a sweet little sassy
Sophie - Rose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...