Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July Greetings From Forest Brook, Tennessee!

We had a spectacular 4th of July Celebration in our neighborhood today! We live in a very old established neighborhood that has been putting on 4th of July festivities for over 45 years! It's a weekend filled with parties, contests, races, parade, picnic, singing, barbecue, and fireworks. What more could you ask for on the 4th of July. The kids and adults alike have a wonderful time. This year's coordinator, Emily, did a fantastic job making sure everything was just right for a wonderful celebration of our dear old USA! We hope you all have had a wonderful 4th of July too.
Emma-Caroline was all smiles for the children's bike parade. Each child was announced individually for the parade.
 Waiting to begin the parade. We have some hills in our neighborhood so Howie and I tag teamed in assisting the girls in the parade on their bikes.

 And she's off!
 Sophie waiting her turn to be announced.
 Look at this girl go!

Posing for a photo with our neighbor Davidson. I'm not sure what they are looking at, but it was obviously more interesting than my camera!
Having a great picnic feast. BTW the top photo is of our annual neighborhood 4th of July tee. Isn't it so cute. It was designed by Emily to look like an old fashioned post card. I just love them!

6 comments:

paige said...

i LOVE ya'lls tshirt!! what a fun neighborhood & community you live in. the girls are adorable in their rw&b. oh my goodness!!!

Sheri said...

I know I said it one or ten times but your girls are so stinking cute. Looks like your family had an awesome 4th.

Nancy said...

What a beautiful red, white, and blue 4th of July you all had! I think it's great that you live in such a fun, historical neighborhood that preserves the old traditions. The pictures are all so story-telling of a wonderful day!

Lana Kim White Austin said...

I've enjoyed catching back up on your blog!!! I love the 4th pics. And the hometown USA ones....and I love, love, love the ones before the TS concert with those pink cowgirl boots! And the story about your Little Miss Sassy. She sounds like my Kate-Elizabeth (middle child--big heart and big attitude!)
I pray that you are wonderful!~!!!!

Hugs/blessings,
Lana

patty said...

the girls look cute as ever, amy! belated happy 4th!

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Awesome 4th of July photos. What great fun you all must have had in the neighborhood. Awesome!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...