Friday, July 1, 2011

Date Night with Daddy!

So Howie calls me on Wednesday afternoon and says, "Hey, I forgot to tell you, I have two tickets to the Taylor Swift concert on Friday night. Do you think Emma-Caroline would want ot go?" "Um, hello, yeah she would!" was my semi-sarcastic emphatic reply. "Well, don't tell her yet," he said. "I want to tell her and I really want to take her, if that's OK!" Quickly I replied, "You betcha it is!" before hanging up, and then immediately getting on the Zappos web site to order my sweet little cow girl her first pair of real cowboy boots in a nice shade of pale pink. Yep, if my girl was going to her first concert with her daddy to see Taylor Swift, well she just had to have a real pair of cowboy boots. They arrived yesterday and I let her open them up. "Wow, Mommy, those sure are pretty!" she said. "Where are you going to wear them?" "Well, Emma-Caroline," I said, "these boots are not for me, they're for you! Go ask Daddy where you are going to wear them." Let's just say she has been thrilled ever since Howie told her she was going to the Taylor Swift concert. They are there as I write this and I can't wait to hear all about it! Since I am not there to actually take photos at the concert, I snapped a few before Emma-Caroline and her daddy headed out for their date night. I must say she makes a pretty little cow girl!


6 comments:

Sheri said...

Too cute for words. OMGosh - she is just adorable! Love the outfit - hope she had a wonderful "date". Happy 4th to you and your beautiful family. xo

Nancy said...

Love those pink boots! Emma-Caroline, you look like a real county singer sitting there with your Daddy, all dressed up and ready to go! I know you both had a wonderful, unforgettable night!

MaryBeth said...

Awesome pics! Hope they had fun!

KimberFNP said...

Aww, I love the one in the middle. Too cute!

Elizabeth Ann said...

Ellen has a pair of cowboy boots. She had to have them. Sometimes i wish i had a pair cuz ive always felt like a country girl and wanting to find my cowboy some day.
Emma you look very cute in your lil cowgirl outfit with the boots. Ellen would be jealous. She loves pink.

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Beautiful pictures!!! I love the pink boots, the pig tails, pink ribons and the pink montogramed outfit and pink flowered skirt. Emma-Caroline is certainly a beautiful little girl.

I am so proud of Howie for wanting to take her to the night out event event..., that is so very special!!! I know he must have been one proud dad!!!!

Love,
Aunt Brenda - Memphis, TN

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...