Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Infinite Love

The vastness of the ocean and the shore along it's edge are often compared to the infinite love God has for His children.
This simple reminder of God's love for each of us is perhaps the reason one finds peace when in the presence of such wondrous beauty.
It is in this beautiful place along the shore that I let go of my worries and concerns and felt the peace to say yes to God's calling.I shared with you at the end of June that I am in the discernment process in pursuing a doctorate degree in Educational Leadership at Virginia Seminary School which I will use to continue my work in Children's Ministries.
Children, like the shore remind us of God's love. They are wonderful beings who are so trusting, and so eager to learn. They are a gift from God to remind us of the simple beauty of His creation and that we are also continual learners in this Kingdom of his.
On this day and in the days ahead, stop, breathe, feel God's presence in the beauty of the world around you and know that you are infinitely loved.

Sharing today with Patty for Photo a la Mode at Finding Serendipity.

4 comments:

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Peace and Love comes through in these pictures and sentiments. I wish you the very best on your Doctoral Studies..., what a wonderful avenue to pursue in Educational Leadership in order to continue your work in Children's Ministries. I am very proud of you Amy for your commitment and dedication to young lives who are our future generation.

Love always,
Aunt Brenda - Memphis, TN

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Hi Amy, Just saw the note below about some night shots a friend of mine took on facebook that someone else by the name of Brenda was complimenting on..., his night pictures which were just awesome. He put the exposure of his camera settings in his note back to her. Thought you might want to see what his settings are. You probably know this already, just a note to you just in case you don't know it. See his note below, a cut and paste version of his note:
"It not a night vision camera Brenda, it's all about the right exposure.You can do it if you have manual settings on your camera.....1/125th sec at F/8"

Cedar said...

Beautiful post and beautiful photos! Your self-portrait if very creative and lovely! Visiting from Photo Ala Mode.

BlueEyedYonder said...

Such beautiful pictures and sweet message. I smiled to see the picture of your silhouette, I always take pictures with my pinky in the air too. It looks kind of prissy, but I assure you it's just a natural habit. I'm pretty sure I do the same thing when I'm holding a glass, etc. Made me smile to see someone else with the same quirky habit. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...