Thursday, February 3, 2011

Worth Reading

I have been inspired by my Mom, Edie and Paige to begin reading the Bible chronologically from beginning to end. My mom used to read the Children's Bible (The one that has a brown cover, not blue) to me every night when I was a little girl. I used to marvel at the stories and beautiful images that accompanied the stories. I truly think she must have read the entire Children's Bible to me because I remember all the stories and where each fell in sequence according to that particular Bible, which we still have and which I also read aloud from to Emma-Caroline and Sophie. While in the bookstore recently looking for another book, I was drawn to this book.
 I picked it up and was delighted to find that it was the complete Bible with CS Lewis' writings intertwined for purpose of focus and study. So, I bought it! I have gotten this far in my readings.
 But I am committed to reading a little each night or during the day when I get all my free time! I was also inspired by Patty and Edie to read Bloodroot by Amy Greene. I finished it in several days and I am still unable to shake the characters from my thoughts. Please click over to Patty and Edie's blogs for their sharing of the book and book club meeting with Amy. I highly recommend this book. It's not a light book, I warn you, but it is definitely worth reading. I am also working on this stack of books, as well as The Great Gatsby, Emma, and Whistling Dixie in a Nor'easter.
 So there, in a nutshell is my book list for the next several months. I am always looking for new suggestions, so please share your top favorites, if you please. Happy Reading!

PS, My friend Patty is doing a Linky Party on her blog for learning Manual Mode setting on your digital SLR. She is an awesome photographer, so if you are interested in learning more, click on the link below. I promise you will enjoy her amazing blog home!
 (This box is the link and will take you to Patty's Blog)

4 comments:

Polly said...

Hi,
patty told me you might come to the blog lunch! I look forward to meeting you! Have a blessed day!

Anonymous said...

I want to read Bloodroot. I really enjoyed The Secret Life of Bees. I also just read The Thirteenth Tale and I couldn't put it down. Hooked me right into the story from the very fist page.

-FringeGirl

Nancy said...

Amy, I am so glad that you remember me reading those stories to you and that you also read them to your daughters. You have some very good books picked out for your reading list now.

I have become very addicted to reading in the last few years. I always read when I go to bed and before I go to sleep. It's like taking my teddy bear to bed with me. My current book is Secretariat (very interesting). When I finish that, I want to read Bloodroot.

These Are The Days said...

I like your reading selection. Thanks for the intro last week. Any friend of Edie & Patty's is a friend of mine. :) Have a great time w/ your reads. Let me know what you think of that C.S. Lewis Bible, I've never heard of it, but I'm a big fan of his.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...