Monday, February 21, 2011

Color Outside the Lines!

The weekend has been filled with lots of home time, which has been nice to not have to "be" anywhere but home. We have enjoyed playing outside as well as indoors where we have channeled our inner artist.
 The girls both received new paints from a friend's birthday party at Liza Moz (pottery painting place) last weekend.
 So after a trip to the craft store to buy more art paper, the girls took out their paints and paintbrushes and started creating their masterpieces for the day.
I will admit, the type A in me has not allowed paints in the new Avery House since we moved in (sad I know).
 But since these paints were given to us, I had no choice but to indulge the girls in some messy paint time.
 You know, they didn't get one drop of paint on their clothes or anywhere else, except the paper.
    I guess I need to allow freedom of expression with paint more often in the Avery House.

4 comments:

Elizabeth Ann said...

I love to paint and take photographs. They did an awesome job.

Nancy said...

Those are such happy paintings, and BOTH of my granddaughters have artistic talent!!! I am so proud!

Sarah Harper said...

I have two words for you, miss "type A" - washable. paint. ;) These girls are artists!

patty said...

sweet, amy. love the shot of the paints, too...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...