Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sweet Shot Tuesday!

This is my third week in participating in Darcy's "Sweet Shot Tuesday." I enjoy doing this because it allows me to put an image out there and get feedback as well as see other wonderful images captured by some awesome photographers. Today's image is of a Jasmine vine seed pod which is growing outside in my backyard. This past weekend's break in winter temperatures inspired me to look for signs of Spring. I like how these little fuzzy pods seemed to be getting ready for the warmer weather. I shoot with a Nikon D90 and a Tamron 18-270mm lens. Its a great lens, and I have enjoyed it, however, it limits my ability to get clear images for very close up objects in auto focus setting. In manual focus setting, I am able to manipulate the lens to get the results I want. I am still eyeing a prime lens, though. I have a birthday coming up, so maybe I will get my prime lens then. Until then, I am happy to use what I have and see how I can make my camera work for me. I am enjoying using manual focus in combination with manual settings. It gives me more of an artists eye for the images  I am shooting photos of.
Sweet Shot Day

8 comments:

deb duty said...

Great job with this photo! It's beautiful. I'm definitely ready for spring and all of the photo opportunities that come with it! I shoot with canon and I only have primes so far.

Susan said...

Now that is one AWESOME shot.

So glad you joined us.

patty said...

it is absolutely a stunning shot... love it. love the colors and those white fluffy seed tails... soft and beautiful. i'm impressed w your control over the settings... and glad you will be joining me! :) yay!
and also, i must get to knoxville almost weekly, so yes, let's get together for coffee (my favorite vice!)
patty@findingserendipity.com

Nancy said...

I can feel the fuzz! Beautiful picture!

Brenda Ledbetter said...

That shot is awesome Amy!!!

Anonymous said...

This is soooo gorgeous!

julie said...

I am looking everywhere for signs of spring too...this shot is so pretty!! LOVE it :)

Ocean Soul said...

I'm on a Nikon D90 too, but just with the 18-105mm lens. I still use my Canon G6 for macro shots, until my birthday, when I will hopefully be getting a dedicated macro lens!!! Woo Hoo! happy birthday to both of us! LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...