Sunday, February 20, 2011

Knoxville's Everyday Heroes

In my travels around town this past week, I found myself in the same parking lot or next to the same parking space as some of Knoxville's heroes, the police force and fire department.
 After taking photos of their vehicles, much to the surprise of one of my neighbors (Emily), I began thinking about how fortunate we are in the United States to have these fine people who put their lives at risk each day in order to serve us.
 After the great tragedy of 911, the fire departments and police force of America was given high praise and honors greatly deserved. And although we have not forgotten the sacrifices of these great men and women, sometimes we do take for granted the awesome service these two organizations give to us each and every day.
 In appreciation of both the Police Force and Fire Department of Knoxville ,I am linking to the history of each. I also am very grateful to all those who serve in the Police Force and Fire Departments across our nation. We are blessed by you for your service.

2 comments:

patty said...

a beautiful tribute, amy... great shots, too!

notes of em said...

:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...