Tuesday, October 11, 2011

First Grade!

This fall has been absolutely amazing for Emma-Caroline in first grade. She has learned so much already and loves school! I will sing Ms. Ellison's praises over and over. She is an AWESOME teacher. One of the things that I love about her (and there are 1000's) is that she is a technology guru and keeps her web page on the school site updated almost daily with classroom happenings and photos. Ms. Ellison recently reminded me that I could have any of the photos she posts of Emma-Caroline, so I saved a few and will share them now with you here. We couldn't be any happier with Emma-Caroline's first grade year. We will just keep our fingers crossed that our Sophie will have Ms. Ellison too.
 The IPAD center. Emma-Caroline looks so intent on what she is listening to.
 The writing center. Look at that organization of crayons and supplies! Be still my heart!
 Reading center. Emma-Caroline is quite the book worm!
 These little ladies are working on their mosaics of themselves. They turned out very nice and hang in the hallway.
 Meeting Lilly the dog. Emma-Caroline's class has a HABIT dog that comes to their room once a week to read with the students. She is from UT Vet school and is specially trained to work in schools.
 Emma-Caroline is reading to Lilly and her owner. Lilly must think she is hearing a bed time story!
A close-up of Miss Lilly. Emma-Caroline LOVES her!

3 comments:

Sarah Harper said...

Oh that's awesome! Go EC! I wish Max's teacher had a website! I've been in to take some pictures, but it would be much better if someone else took them because he acts all weird when I'm there :D

That writing station is unbelievably organized!! Wowee!

{A*very} Blessed Life said...

Thank Sarah! We really ae very happy to have such a great teacher! I'm not sure how blogger published this little post since it is dated for Wednesday LOL!

absees123s said...

First, let me say ty for giving me this blog address! I am loving going through all the posts and seeing your talent and beautiful family! I am the one who is blessed..this class is one that is so loving and caring, not only to me, but to one another! :O) We are having a blast and I'm loving it! TY for including me in your postings!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...