Friday, October 7, 2011

Fancy Nancy Has Nothing On Sophie

Let me just set the record straight, we are not in the business of spoiling our girls. Whatever niceties and pampering our girls receive happen with no intention put behind it what-so-ever. SURE, you are saying about right now. No, Emma-Caroline and Sophie do lead a very charmed little life, however, that is not to say that we don't mix in a few cup fulls of humility, a heap of gratitude, and a few tablespoons of "when I was your age" speeches to balance their little worlds. All in all, I really am blessed that my girls are conscientious and servant minded children even despite a bit of pampering, which leads me to the real point of this blog post.
This past weekend, while Emma-Caroline enjoyed the UT game in style with her Daddy, Sophie and Mommy went to the spa for pedicures. It was Sophie's first ever pedicure, (of which I promised myself I wouldn't take her to do until she was in high school), and she certainly loved it!
 She picked a nice shade of bubblegum pink and did not bat an eyelash as Miss Joyce pampered our little princess's feet.
Sophie especially loved the massage chair and the teeny flowers Joyce painted on her big toes.
This little occurrence at the spa will not be a regular one, but it was sure fun for the day. It was also nice to have a little Sophie-Mommy time together in a very Fancy Nancy kind of way!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

How adorable. And how sweet that both of your girls had a special day with a parent one on one. That is so important at this age. All the game and pedicure pics are just too cute. Have a blessed weekend :)

Lana Kim White Austin said...

Adorable! I understand totally...that's not a normal occurrence, but oh-so-fun as a "special" outing. I, too, frequently give my kids the "when I was a kid..." speech.

;)

Love/hugs/blessings,
Lana
PS Can you please email me your address so I can mail you something from Italy? I promise I'm not a stalker.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...