Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Why Didn't I Think of That . . .The Elf on the Shelf!

          With the Christmas season fast approaching or should I say upon us, families with small children across America are breaking out the now cult phenomenon "Elf on the Shelf" book so that the infamous little scout elves will conveniently arrive just in time to report naughty or nice behavior to Santa who is conveniently out of sight back at the North Pole.
 Am I the only parent who says every year when we get that little booger out, "Why didn't I think of that?" I mean, it's so simple yet so genius! I could have taken some old Christmas relic from my grandmother's stash of holiday decor and created a cute little story that would have millions of children in houses all over the world minding their p's and q's just to stay on Santa's "Nice" list. Ahhh, well, maybe next go 'round.
 So, yes, "The Elf on the Shelf" has been read in The Avery House and our two wonderful little friends Deedle and Jingle Belle are back much to the great delight of our girls.
 Our two elves have been pretty calm in Christmas' past so I wonder if they will play any fun games this year. I guess we will see as the days go by.
            Macy seems less than impressed with the "Elf on the Shelf," but we will see how she feels after the elves actually arrive. Things may get a little interesting with two little elves and a puppy, Hmmm, there's an idea! Happy elving!

1 comment:

Between You and Me said...

there are a million ideas for the elf on the shelf over at Pinterest. :)

We've never done it, so I feel like I'm way behind times. :))

have fun with it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...