Sunday, November 4, 2012

Flowers for November

In the past years of owning a home, one in Austin, Texas, and one other home here in Knoxville, I have had flowers; seasonal flowers, and flowering trees and shrubs like crepe myrtles and dogwood and azaleas. When we moved to our current home, I had no idea what I was inheriting in the way of flowers and other beautiful garden scape plants that showcase their beauty at various points in the year, even winter! I have posted about our coral maple and our yellow tail dogwood and our hydrangeas, oh the hydrangeas! We are blessed with not only these beautiful colorful shrubs and trees but also a plethora of many other plants. I will meekly admit that we have a service through a wonderful neighbor who owns a landscape business that maintains our gardens. Yes, I can say that the Avery House does come with gardens and it is quite necessary that we have help in maintaining this lovely gift that we inherited with the purchase of our home. I have recently started referring to the Avery House as the Avery Cottage. Not only does the house's architectural features lend itself to a cottage feel, but also the house's array of gardens give nod to that feeling of cottage as well. Howie recently asked me to photograph yet another one of our many flowering plants, the camellias, which our at their peak right now in November! We also have hydrangea that are still in bloom! Can you believe that?!? Please enjoy the following capture of our flowers for November.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...